Sermon on the Shrewd Manager
Yesterday I had the privileged to preach for the first time since I have served at Surfside Presbyterian Church. We have been studying an excellent small group study called “Modern Parables” and the sermons have been following the same passages. As fate would have it, the passage that fell to me was the most difficult. I was assigned the parable of the Shrewd Manager.
This text is by far the most difficult sermon I have ever preached. The text was extremely difficult to fully wrap my head around and therefore, difficult to communicate. I would like to share a few thoughts before sharing the link to the sermon.
>; This text is part of the same encounter with the Pharisees that began in ch. 15.
>; This story is tied very closely to the story of the Prodigal Sons
>; Though verses 10-13 are related, they are not a part of the parable. Instead they are a complex poem contrasting Mammon and the Kingdom.
>; There are as many opinions on what this text means as there are commentators.
>; I do disagree with the narrow application of this parable simply to finances.
So there are some of the complexities of this passage. Click here to hear the sermon.
About futonreformerI am a pastor in the PCA serving in Myrtle Beach, SC. I am a sixth generation Tampa native and I love the Rays and Bucs!
- Got my tickets to @dashboardmusic in March. Now if they could convince @fsfofficial to drive across the state to open for them 🤔🙏🏼🙏🏼 2 days ago
- RT @timkellernyc: The problem Christians and non-Christians both have: we think we really know what Christianity is about. 3 days ago
- @scientifictionZ Yeah. This was why season 1 wasn’t great. They didn’t realize how great the cast was as an ensembl… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 week ago
- I got, like, waayyy to emotionally involved with this video. twitter.com/ArthurGotJokes… 1 week ago
- @derrick_dp @citychurchstp @StonehouseFL A solid pick to round out the first round to be sure. Stay tuned for what… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 week ago