So there I sat in Good Friday service, Struck. As I heard the charges against Jesus read from Luke I was amazed at the idea of Jesus as a revolutionary.
They all asked, “Are you then the Son of God?” He replied, “You are right in saying I am.” Then the whole assembly rose and led him off to Pilate. And they began to accuse him, saying, “We have found this man subverting our nation. He opposes payment of taxes to Caesar and claims to be Christ, a king.” So Pilate asked Jesus, “Are you the king of the Jews?” “Yes, it is as you say,” Jesus replied. Then Pilate announced to the chief priests and the crowd, “I find no basis for a charge against this man.” But they insisted, “He stirs up the people all over Judea by his teaching. He started in Galilee and has come all the way here.”
He was so vehemently flying in the face of the established Judaisms that they had to kill him. He was a radical. I was resolute. Upon returning home after my Easter vacation, I would be more subversive. More radical. More Christlike.
I was struck. My wife and I had already decided to pay down some debt with the entirety of the money. But I think that we should do something more. What if we decided to give a percent as a community to one unified goal. What if everyone at my church gave 10% of their “Bush Bucks” to a single purpose. We would be easily giving nearly $10,000. What could this do for our community? Not just our church but Myrtle Beach as a whole.
I need to be involved in this.
We Need to be involved in this.
- @danwhitejr 🤷🏻♂️ pastor who is a 7 checking in. 5 hours ago
- Happy Gilmore is good cinema. 2 days ago
- @OtisWPickett I’m still partial to the Montgomery Biscuits. And the L’ville Bats (animal) isn’t a bad name either. 4 days ago
- @ayjay Teams that have to find the market inefficiency to compete are already moving back to higher contact player. See: The Tampa Bay Rays 5 days ago
- Ira Glass narrates my weird occupation? You better believe I’m here for this. twitter.com/thisamerlife/s… 6 days ago