A Sermon in the Face of Tragedy
Last Wednesday, on the eve of his ordination, my friend Jody’s wife passed away. Carolyn was young and this was completely unexpected. Jody anticipated going to presbytery on Thursday, then being installed at Grace Presbyterian Church in Conway, SC on Sunday. That changed radically. Jody and Grace Church are both in shock and would covet your prayers for their healing.
In the face of this, Grace asked if I would preach to them the Sunday Jody was to be ordained. This was far and away the most difficult sermon I have ever preached. You can download the sermon by clicking here or listen using the widget below. If you do listen, please pray for Jody, his 4 children, and Grace Church.
About futonreformerI am a pastor in the PCA serving in Myrtle Beach, SC. I am a sixth generation Tampa native and I love the Rays and Bucs!
- @samuelharden B/c rich people have private schools, paaaw. 14 hours ago
- @jfhooker3 @ParakaleoUS https://t.co/GOFR9vTEWw 1 day ago
- My wife is away at @ParakaleoUS training this week. I am super grateful for this ministry to church planter’s wives… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- Lots, and I mean LOTS, of dads at this emo concert. 4 days ago
- @samhaist @zugzwanged To twitter I came, burning. Burning. Also, with some sick burns for pelagians. 1 week ago