A Sermon in the Face of Tragedy
Last Wednesday, on the eve of his ordination, my friend Jody’s wife passed away. Carolyn was young and this was completely unexpected. Jody anticipated going to presbytery on Thursday, then being installed at Grace Presbyterian Church in Conway, SC on Sunday. That changed radically. Jody and Grace Church are both in shock and would covet your prayers for their healing.
In the face of this, Grace asked if I would preach to them the Sunday Jody was to be ordained. This was far and away the most difficult sermon I have ever preached. You can download the sermon by clicking here or listen using the widget below. If you do listen, please pray for Jody, his 4 children, and Grace Church.
About futonreformerI am a pastor in the PCA serving in Myrtle Beach, SC. I am a sixth generation Tampa native and I love the Rays and Bucs!
- RT @cjzero: I strongly dislike myself for this https://t.co/z8otL9lYUD 3 days ago
- Just saw a guy in Bandit wearing JNCO's. IT'S FINALLY HAPPENING YOU GUYS! 5 days ago
- Jeff Probst is a national treasure. Yes. I’m old. I’m strange. I still watch survivor. #getoffmylawn 6 days ago
- @samuelharden Can you just imagine Sarah Koenig pouring over receipts for "Atlas Shrugged" trying to make sense of it all? 1 week ago
- @samuelharden It’s going to be interesting to look at the quoted tweets ratio in about 12 hours 1 week ago