A Sermon in the Face of Tragedy
Last Wednesday, on the eve of his ordination, my friend Jody’s wife passed away. Carolyn was young and this was completely unexpected. Jody anticipated going to presbytery on Thursday, then being installed at Grace Presbyterian Church in Conway, SC on Sunday. That changed radically. Jody and Grace Church are both in shock and would covet your prayers for their healing.
In the face of this, Grace asked if I would preach to them the Sunday Jody was to be ordained. This was far and away the most difficult sermon I have ever preached. You can download the sermon by clicking here or listen using the widget below. If you do listen, please pray for Jody, his 4 children, and Grace Church.
About futonreformerI am a pastor in the PCA serving in Myrtle Beach, SC. I am a sixth generation Tampa native and I love the Rays and Bucs!
- I feel like all the commerce of Prime Day has made us forget the reason for the season. Keep the Optimus in Prime D… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 6 hours ago
- @mcgrainger13 @steveobell75 Topical or Single book? 21 hours ago
- @mcgrainger13 @steveobell75 For personal study, group, something else? 22 hours ago
- I really love @chefshow even though I am viscerally upset that they don’t put salami and mayo on their cubanos. 2 days ago
- Vlad is a beautiful machine. 6 days ago