A Sermon in the Face of Tragedy
Last Wednesday, on the eve of his ordination, my friend Jody’s wife passed away. Carolyn was young and this was completely unexpected. Jody anticipated going to presbytery on Thursday, then being installed at Grace Presbyterian Church in Conway, SC on Sunday. That changed radically. Jody and Grace Church are both in shock and would covet your prayers for their healing.
In the face of this, Grace asked if I would preach to them the Sunday Jody was to be ordained. This was far and away the most difficult sermon I have ever preached. You can download the sermon by clicking here or listen using the widget below. If you do listen, please pray for Jody, his 4 children, and Grace Church.
About futonreformerI am a pastor in the PCA serving in Myrtle Beach, SC. I am a sixth generation Tampa native and I love the Rays and Bucs!
- @danwhitejr 🤷🏻♂️ pastor who is a 7 checking in. 5 hours ago
- Happy Gilmore is good cinema. 2 days ago
- @OtisWPickett I’m still partial to the Montgomery Biscuits. And the L’ville Bats (animal) isn’t a bad name either. 4 days ago
- @ayjay Teams that have to find the market inefficiency to compete are already moving back to higher contact player. See: The Tampa Bay Rays 5 days ago
- Ira Glass narrates my weird occupation? You better believe I’m here for this. twitter.com/thisamerlife/s… 6 days ago