A Sermon in the Face of Tragedy
Last Wednesday, on the eve of his ordination, my friend Jody’s wife passed away. Carolyn was young and this was completely unexpected. Jody anticipated going to presbytery on Thursday, then being installed at Grace Presbyterian Church in Conway, SC on Sunday. That changed radically. Jody and Grace Church are both in shock and would covet your prayers for their healing.
In the face of this, Grace asked if I would preach to them the Sunday Jody was to be ordained. This was far and away the most difficult sermon I have ever preached. You can download the sermon by clicking here or listen using the widget below. If you do listen, please pray for Jody, his 4 children, and Grace Church.
About futonreformerI am a pastor in the PCA serving in Myrtle Beach, SC. I am a sixth generation Tampa native and I love the Rays and Bucs!
- "You can NEVER have enough middle infield prospects." - The @RaysBaseball new motto, apparently. 2 days ago
- @theapostleGH @RaysBaseball I have to relish them while they are in my back yard, even if they are the Tampa Bay Stone Crabs. 3 days ago
- @ChoochStevens It’s literally the plot to Big League 4 days ago
- I think I found the face of the @RaysBaseball franchise after this offseason: 😒 4 days ago
- @theapostleGH @SouzaJr I. Don’t. Get. It. He was cheap, a good leader, and had tons of team control left. Not to… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 4 days ago