A Sermon in the Face of Tragedy
Last Wednesday, on the eve of his ordination, my friend Jody’s wife passed away. Carolyn was young and this was completely unexpected. Jody anticipated going to presbytery on Thursday, then being installed at Grace Presbyterian Church in Conway, SC on Sunday. That changed radically. Jody and Grace Church are both in shock and would covet your prayers for their healing.
In the face of this, Grace asked if I would preach to them the Sunday Jody was to be ordained. This was far and away the most difficult sermon I have ever preached. You can download the sermon by clicking here or listen using the widget below. If you do listen, please pray for Jody, his 4 children, and Grace Church.
About futonreformerI am a pastor in the PCA serving in Myrtle Beach, SC. I am a sixth generation Tampa native and I love the Rays and Bucs!
- @melba_toasty @MBMBaM Umm. 1 episode in. Thank you. Like so much. 2 days ago
- @otaku_vegan Yeah, I think you are right, but it is incredibly confusing/convoluted for a tote bag slogan. 3 days ago
- Most confusing, yet uniquely St Pete thing I've seen today: A reusable tote bag with the words, "Colonialism was a start-up" ...like what? 3 days ago
- @melba_toasty @MBMBaM Not yet. It’s been a weird week as things have just started to feel normal after the hurricane. But it will, Trust me 3 days ago
- @toddgwennap There was a guy who would bring a desktop and 2 monitors into Starbucks in Myrtle Beach, buy a small c… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 4 days ago